Friday, May 23, 2008

Maria Sue Chapman

If you have never heard of Steven Curtis Chapman, he is a famous christian singer/songwriter. He and his wife have six children, and the three youngest are all girls adopted from China.
From what I understand, Wednesday, the family was making preparations because, in just a few hours, they would be hosting a graduation celebration at the house for one of the oldest sons. The youngest daughter Maria (age 5) was in the driveway, and was accidently hit by a vehicle driven by an older teenage brother. She died wednesday night after being LifeFlighted. I know the family needs prayers, and I think especially for that son that was driving the vehicle. I am sure he feels that his sisters death is his fault, although it was an accident.
Below is a short video that Steven had made for an adoption blog. He is singing a song that his two youngest daughters had inspired him to write. I don´t know when he made the video, but it was before the accident happened. I think this song shows how God had been preparing Steven and his wife for this tragedy.

Here are the lyrics:

She spins and she sways to whatever song plays,
Without a care in the world.
And I'm sittin' here wearin' the weight of the world on my shoulders.
It's been a long day and there's still work to do,
She's pulling at me saying "Dad I need you!
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited and I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I'd approve of a dress
She says "Dad, the prom is just one week away,
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy, please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone

Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowin' and tellin' us all they had planned
She says "Dad, the wedding's due six months away
And I need to practice my dancin'"
"Oh please, daddy please!"

So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Ohh-oh ohh-oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song,
(even one song)
Cuz all to soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone



The second video has Maria in it. She is such a sweet and precious little girl.

No comments:

Verse of the Day

traduzca esta página

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker



About Us

God has given us a precious gift... our first child, Andrew Lee.

Blog Archive